Monday, May 24, 2010

It's Haiku Time!

I love writing haikus. They give you all the satisfaction of a creative endeavor without requiring effort or talent or anything like that. In this spirit, I hereby present "Haiku Time," in which I write a few haikus about people, events, or things in the news. (I will be using the format consisting of three lines - the first and third of five syllables each, the second of seven.)

To make things marginally more interesting, I will not say who or what is being described in each haiku - that's for you to do, and that's the, er, fun of it. As this is the first installment, I'll handicap it a bit by providing, next to each haiku, a picture of the subject. Game on!



*
My change in party
Will enable me to be
reelected (cough)








**
Who cares if she is
Or if she isn't (though she
So totally is)







***
Of course she just loves
Haikus - she can fit them on
The palm of her hand




No comments:

Post a Comment