Sunday, May 9, 2010

Windy City

It's a very windy night tonight. It's been like this all day. This afternoon, from my apartment, it seemed glorious outside. The rain played itself out in the morning, leaving the whole city cleaner, fresher, and ready for an afternoon burst of sunshine. We got that burst, and it was radiant. Taking the bait, I planned to go onto my roof, sit out on a deck chair, and pretend to read while, really, I would just sit there and watch the sun go down on a pretty spring day.

But then I opened my windows to let in some post-rain air, and I saw that I had been misled. It was cold and it was windy. Not minutes after, papers were flying around my living room, and, in my bedroom, my screen window had fallen in completely. I closed the windows again.

It's no longer winter, but it's not yet even spring. (Here we are in May.) I look out my window and want it to be spring, but it isn't, and I must continue to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment